Clare Landrigan, author and staff development, blogs over at Assessment in Perspective. She listed my blog as one of eleven to receive the Sunshine Award. I’m thankful and so honored to be in the company of the likes of Ruth Ayres, Heather Radar, Kate Roberts, and Katherine Sokolowski. To even see my name printed near their names made my day! This award is a way for bloggers to recognize other bloggers, as well as to encourage them to share a little bit more about themselves. Here is the description:
The sunshine award gives others an opportunity to learn more about me as a blogger and then, in turn, I will send sunshine the way of 11 other amazing bloggers for you to get to know!
Here are the rules:
Acknowledge the nominating blogger. Share 11 random facts about yourself. Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you. List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love! Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. (You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you.)
Here it goes. Eleven random facts about me:
1. I am seriously afraid of thunderstorms. Very seriously.
2. I secretly (or not so secretly?) wished for girls during both of my pregnancies.
3. My husband and I went to our high school prom together way back in 1993.
4. O Holy Night is my favorite Christmas song, and I blast it in the car whenever I’m in there alone during the holiday season.
5. I am addicted to coffee.
6. I quit smoking over a year ago. I still can’t believe I quit. At the same time, I can’t believe I ever smoked.
7. My favorite book as a child was A Wrinkle In Time.
8. I am not a morning person. I do not like conversation or light in the morning. It’s all about solitude and darkness for me. After a cup of coffee, I’m ready to go.
9. I loathe the winter. I can’t think of one thing I like about it, except for Christmas.
10. I want to write a book someday.
11. I worry about getting older. The big 4-0 is approaching, and it makes me want to cry whenever I think about it.
Now, to answer Clare’s 11 questions about me.
1. What is your favorite board game? Pictionary!
2. Where is your favorite vacation destination? For me, anywhere warm and sunny with beaches and water. But I think my next big vacation will be to Disney.
3. What is your first school memory? I can remember sitting on the carpet in a circle in kindergarten. I can picture the multi-colored carpet in my head.
4. If you have an iPad – how do you use it? I do have one that I use for everything from searching the web to paying my bills to keeping the family calendar to writing blog posts. I use it at work to keep meeting and one-on-one conferring notes.
5. When I am stressed, I relax by…. watching TV and falling asleep.
6. What is your best tip for balancing work and family lives? Oh boy, this is THE question, isn’t it? My tip is to set boundaries. Work has a way of creeping into my life even when I’m not supposed to be working. I had to make “no working” limits a few nights a week at my house. They’re becoming my favorite nights. 🙂
7. How do you plan for writing on your blog? I keep a constant list of ideas that I can access on my phone. But, honestly, a lot of the time, I just sit down and wait to see what bubbles up. Since I know I’m responsible for posting once a week at the Two Writing Teachers, I tend to live my life always looking for ideas.
8. What motivates you to write? Knowing I have an audience. A deadline helps, too.
9. I love to spend Saturday… playing with my 2 young daughters. A nap wouldn’t hurt either.
10. What is your favorite meal to cook? I love my family’s homemade lasagna recipe. I also love to bake. I’m always on Pinterest looking for new recipes.
11. The one thing I cannot live without is…. coffee!
Whew. Finally, 11 bloggers who inspire me:
Here are your 11 questions:
1. What is your favorite blog post you’ve ever written?
2. What are you afraid of?
3. What is one word that best describes you?
4. What is your favorite holiday song?
5. How do you relax?
6. I love to spend a Sunday afternoon….
7. When I sit down to write a blog, I….
8. What advice would you give future teachers?
9. Who is your hero?
10. What’s your favorite TV show?
11. PC or Mac?
I’m looking forward to learning more about all of you! Have fun!