Ruth Ayres is encouraging everyone to CELEBRATE on Saturdays through a link-up on her blog.
Here are 5 things I’m celebrating this week:
1. My Katie is talking more and more. I’ve been keeping a close eye (or ear?) on her ever since the pediatrician asked me about her speech development. Today alone she said “Tigger” and “cupcake” and “more” and “dumb dumb” (she may have heard her sister say that…. oops).
2. After a student wrote a Slice of Life Story about the night her cousin died, another student wrote, “I think you’re brave to write something so sad and personal.” I see evidence of a community of writers being built, and I love it.
3. I’m celebrating the weather this weekend. I love fall weather, and it will be perfect for our family trip to the pumpkin patch tomorrow! We are in some desperate need of some family time, and I can’t wait.
4. I started feeding my reading habit again. For over a year, I have not been able to find nearly enough time to read. I finally finished a professional book on assessment, and I started The Center of Everything. I set up my account on Goodreads, and I’m ready to once again do the thing I most love doing.
5. New babies. Two of my very good friends gave birth in the past 2 weeks, and I was able to go visit each of their new bundles of joy. There is just nothing in the world like holding a newborn baby. I’m so, so happy for my friends and I’m already so in love with Lily and Nolan.