I’ve been trying to avoid lists this whole month. I’m a list maker. I have to write just one before the challenge ends.
10 Things I Was Reminded Of While Playing Outside with Maddie Today
1. We desperately needed sunshine and fresh air. I didn’t realize how much we were lacking it until we finally got some.
2. Maddie forgets nothing. Nothing. She remembered every game and every silly thing we did last summer. And in the 45 minutes we were outside, we did every single one.
3. Maddie is growing up. It’s undeniable. She was bigger on her bike and braver on her swing. Sigh.
4. I was reminded of the lazy days of summer when I’m not thinking about work at all, and I have nothing to do but play and play and play some more with my kids. My heart longs for those days.
5. I can’t draw. Come over and see the ‘animal path’ that Maddie insisted I draw if you don’t believe me.
6. My husband can’t keep the garage clean to save his life. The crap just multiplies in there. I don’t get it. Can someone explain it to me?
7. I’m glad I started Weight Watchers so many months ago. The thought of putting on shorts and a tank top doesn’t terrify me this year.
8. I miss smoking.
9. I never finished my winter To Do list of cleaning out closets and organizing. I already started a summer To Do list after being outside.
10. I wish I had better neighbors. Sometimes, I just want to talk to an adult. My neighbors kinda suck.
Hope you all got to spend some time outside today!