My goals for the March Slice of Life Challenge:
1. Write everyday
2. Make quiet, interrupted time to write. Not just find time. (This was actually makes me laugh. Yesterday, I wrote with a baby on my lap and a toddler pulling at my leg. But today, I’m writing in the morning light in a quiet kitchen with a cup of coffee. So…. it’s possible.)
3. Use my Writer’s Notebook.
4. Write about my children.
5. Not only write about my children.
6. Write at least one poem.
7. Try some new formats or writing techniques (looking to fellow slicers for inspiration here).
8. Be available to support my colleagues who are participating with me. Be encouraging.
9. Comment on both my colleagues’ writing and non-colleagues’ writing every day (it didn’t seem right to use the word ‘strangers’ here. You all don’t feel like strangers.)
10. Live like a writer. Be more aware. Don’t always have planned topics for my Slices, but discover some as I live.
11. Learn some lessons about being a writer and writing that I can transfer to my students. This is probably my most important goal. I’m already learning so much. I can’t wait to celebrate with my colleagues in April so we can share our learning!
12. Share my writing with at least one person outside of this challenge. Probably my hubby. Maybe my sisters, too.
I’d love to hear from other slicers about some of your goals!