What are the ways you spend your time as a coach? What are the different tasks you perform each day? Each week?
A quick list that comes to mind:
- finding resources and materials requested by teachers
- staying up-to-date on current research by reading blogs, journals, articles from professional organizations
- one-on-one coaching in the classroom with individual teachers
- planning with individual teachers
- planning for whole-staff PD
- facilitating meetings
- looking at student data
- meeting with administration
I’ve been doing some thinking lately around priorities. Our priorities should be the things receiving most of our time and energy. I’m going to track my time management over the next few weeks to see which of these tasks in receiving most of my energy.
I would think the heart of coaching lies in the classroom.